Hi, I'm Melissa Averinos. I live on Cape Cod and I do a bunch of stuff.
At some point I'll make up one of those cool timeline thingies, but for now I'll just list some things I do and some notable bits. Okay?
- I'm a painter. I'm happy to do quirky pet portrait commissions, you-as-a-mermaid commissions or any other thing you might think of. House portrait? Yep. A painting of a special place? You know it. Portrait of a favorite body part? Why not? Try me.
- I'm a quilter. I make imperfect quilts and that's the way I like it. I've won a couple of awards for my quilts in the past two years: face #1 received a Judge's Choice Award at QuiltCon 2015 and I still can't believe it but My Brother's Jeans won Best In Show at QuiltCon 2016. I sometimes do commissioned quilts.
- I'm a fabric designer. In 2008 my first line was Sugar Snap with Free Spirit. I followed that with Swoon and Dazzle with Andover Fabrics. My most recent collection is Yummies with Me + You (a division of Hoffman California Fabrics).
- I teach workshops. For quilters. You can check out my offerings here.
- I'm a craft book author/illustrator. Between 2010-2015 I wrote (and/or illustrated) 5 books and : Small Stash Sewing (Wiley Publishing), Family Doodle Book (Adams Media) , DIY Mason Jars (Adams Media), DIY Wine Corks (Adams Media), and DIY Handlettering - coauthored with Asharae Kroll (Adams Media.) In 2016 I teamed up with C&T Publishing to draw my first coloring book, Awesometown! My most recent book with C&T (under their Stash Books collection) is Making Faces In Fabric: A workshop with Melissa Averinos, based on my popular Making Faces with Melissa workshop.
- I write magazine articles. For Quilting Arts Magazine, Cloth Paper Scissors and the like.
- I'm represented by Wild Apple Graphics, an art licensing agency and fine art publisher. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you'd like to license my artwork for products.
- I'm a good listener.
- I'm an excellent hugger.
And I love strawberry rhubarb pie. I also love rusty metal and unicorns. And gardening. And my Adorable Husband (TM). And our sweet golden retrievers Max and Beau. And our black kitty named Blue.
Email me if you'd like to book a workshop, commission a painting or a quilt or what-have-you.
melissa (at) melissaaverinos (dot) com
or you can make my day by snail mailing me:
2506 Meetinghouse way
west barnstable ma 02668
(seriously, i love snail mail)